Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thankful Thursday - April 9, 2015 and last of Easter decor part 2



Every good and perfect gift is from above,
 coming down from the Father of the
 heavenly lights
James 1:17


Thursday Greetings 
Sweet Friends,

What cha' been up to this week?
Anything fun??  Anything 
Exciting??  Hope so.............

Nothing exciting going on here,
but we have had some fun, so
I am all about that!!  lol
Well, guess we did have some
exciting really, at least for me
it is always exciting when you
get $$ back on your
tax returns!!   lol  No matter
how much it is...............
always better than paying!!  lol
But that is as exciting as it got!!

Other than the normal household
stuff we all have to do,and
 watching our lil darling and Lola
 yesterday, not a lot going on, 
but....I have pretty much been
 just tweaking this week.  lol 
 Perfecting some cards.

Next week,  I will be clearing
out the Easter things and just
going for a Spring look.........
so looking forward to that too.


Well, on with Thankful Thursday
and the last of the Easter Decor


with posterized affect



I am thankful


#1
for a really fun Easter Celebration over
at Scott and Megan's this past Saturday.
Great company, Great Food and
Great Fun watching Brooklyn search
for eggs and play on her play gym set.





#2
that Brooklyn did not get hurt badly.  She 
let go of the swing and sort of flew off, and
scared us half to death,  but thankfully,
think it scared her more than hurt her. 
Her angels were certainly working,
cause she had no scrapes, cuts or
 bruising, but did cry of course, cause
I am sure it had to hurt some.





#3
for a very sweet and thoughtful Gift from 
Megan and Scott for my birthday.
It came in for my birthday and they had to
 return it as somehow the co. messed it up,
 so the Co. re sent it and it came in before
 Easter, so they gave it to me on Saturday.
  See the pic below.
  Absolutely loved it.



It is one of those Willow Creek figurines.
Isn't it precious.


#4
for a nice restful, relaxing and contemplative
 Easter since we celebrated on Saturday. 
 We really enjoyed our church service, 
it was really lovely.......
 great music and a great message.







#5
that Brooklyn is so gentle with animals.
They got a new puppy recently named Lola,
she is sweet and adorable, I have to say,
and she adores Brooklyn, and hates for her
 to get out of her sight, Lola will whine if we
take Brooklyn out without her, they are like
2 peas in a pod, the dog even goes down
 the slide with her. lol   Also, our kitty Molly
 and Dee's lil Chijuajua, Rosie love her too.
Very unusual for a 2 yr. old, I think.





#6
that Easter went really well for a young
friend I know.  Her husband is away
training in the military and so she invited
her family, who have never been very
supportive or helpful and still aren't but
she invited them over for Easter,  and
 things went really well for a change.
Just the fact, that they actually showed
up was a nice change.  It is hard to
figure out how some of the nicest
people can have some of the worst
people in their lives.





#7
for a nice long chat with Dee yesterday, she has had
so much company since we left up there, and has
 been busy with real estate stuff too,  that even tho
we have talked we haven't had time for any long
chats lately.  So it was quite nice................



with posterized affect


#8
for some Gluten Free Lemon wafer cookies
Hubby got me for my birthday,  finally tried
them this week, and they are beyond delicious.
Will sure be hoping to find those again.





#9
that we got to work out in the backyard again twice
 this week,  and it is coming along nicely, and we 
can actually sit out there now on our new bench,  
really nice since it has been a long time since 
we had a sturdy bench we could sit on.............lol

We cut down a small to med. tree tonight and
managed to get it all cleaned up just as it was
getting dark.  So now my bouganvilla plant
can get some sun, and start thriving again.







#10
for nice warm/almost hot showers after a long day,
and especially after working outside, it is so
 relaxing and refreshing.  A simple pleasure for sure.






#11
for a really good, clean, entertaining and true movie we
watched last night.  It is "Secretariat",  a true story about
the race horse who won the triple crown.
 Very Good Movie, and I honestly wasn't thinking I was
gonna enjoy it all that much.  So boy was I pleasantly
surprised.





#12
for tweaking.........lol,  but I am serious,  it is nice that
you can design something or do something and like it,
 but then you can keep tweaking till you get it just the
 way you want it...........and really love it.............







My tulips died so replaced it with
 the bird nest in the urn.










Well, that's it for today ....................


Hope you have lot and lots of things
 to be thankful for too, cause there
truly is always something to be 
thankful for ..............


Very happy you could stop by for
 awhile,  and hope you 
enjoyed yourself.


Sharing with:

Lorelai and Kristin over at
Life with Lorelai

Karin at The Style Sisters


Patti and Paula over at
Ivey and Elephants



Have a Lovely Lovely Day 
and Weekend!



Love, Hugs, and
Beautiful Weather 
Blessings,
Nellie


If you care to see "last of Easter
Decor", Part 1,  just click here or 
scroll down!














5 comments:

  1. What a blessing! Love all the decor, I want that wreath!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie, your Easter decor is beautiful! I love all of the things you were thankful for too. It sounds like you have an awesome family and a very blessed Easter holiday. Hope you have a great day, Coco

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little Lola is just a sweet little darling, second to Brooklyn, of course!

    #1. Lola loves Brooklyn so much! She just follows her all around! I surely enjoyed all of our time together!
    #2. Thank the LORD Scott place a whole bunch of that rubber mulch around the swings.
    #3. It is a beautiful keepsake! And thank you for the goody bags!
    #4. The choir's song was really heart felt! The words were so heart moving!
    #5. I have never seen a puppy go down the slide so much, ha!
    #6. I saw so much of this with the families of the kindergartners I taught. I can't believe this June will be four years since I retired!
    #7. What would we do without telephones!!
    #8. I can't get over how good the lemon curd tasted!
    #9. I need to cut down the small oak in the pool flower bed. The roots could cause problems in the pool walling. I may have to see if Jim can use his chainsaw. The tree is small.
    #10. We are so blessed with the simplest things of life!
    #11. That was one of my Netflix a year ago. It was a true story too!
    #12. Improving gives me a great feeling too!
    #13. All of my Amarillo flowers came out at the same time this year! The heat has just about gotten them!
    I could spend every moment thanking the LORD for all the blessings He has given me in my life, praise His Name! You are the main one!
    I love you all, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so pretty, but that wreath is definitely my fav! Sounds like you had a lovely holiday and yes, you're very blessed indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty - we hope to see you again next week. :)

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday March 28, 2024, and Easter Decorating for 2024

  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resu...