Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy Monday!!

Sneak preview tablescape for when it is officially Fall,
just had to play some!!  lol

Happy Monday Sweet Friends,

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Ours was very good,  did some of my Fall decorating,
spent Friday evening with Dee and Jerry, and hubby
and Jerry got the light in the kitchen changed out,
  and what a difference.......Whoever lived there before
 must have never cooked in there is all I can say!!
They also put in a fan over the bed, which was a
bit of a challenge,  but they finally got it done
 without losing life or limb!!!  lol

Saturday I actually got to visit some blogs, since
hubby slept in,  then we had a nice leisurely
breakfast and just hung out and yakked awhile,
did the lawn,  then ran to walmart in the evening,
to get some stuff for Sunday afternoon and just
had some fun looking around.  Got a new Fall
jar candle "pumpkin spice" and it smells so good,
and some Fall candy for a dish on my coffee table.

Sunday was church, and a very nice service where
 they honored our policemen, firemen and paramedics
in the community.  Such a positive thing to do on
such a dark day of rememberance................
then a quick trip to Publix to get shrimp (did you know 
they will steam it for you for free with whatever seasoning 
you want - we got lemon herb this time, and it was very
 good), love that cause I hate smelling up the house! lol
then we got our  fav smoothie, a short nap,  then Scott 
and Megan came over in the mid afternoon and we got to
 see all their pics from their trip to KeyWest (they even brought
 us some of places where we lived or were important to us),
we talked about ol times when we used to live there and
 then visited there when Scott was a lil boy!
  What a fun trip down memory lane..............
Then we had a nice shrimp dinner and just a lot of fun
eating, talking and laughing, the time just flew by, but it
 was lovely and left us wanting more!!

After they left we got to watch some of the broadcasts about 
September 11th............. It is a sad day to remember,  but I am 
thrilled by the way it brings out the love and unity of our country.
  The stories are just so amazing.

It reminded of an email I got once, that was talking
 about those that survived 9-11, and the reasons why.
One man stopped to get donuts, another one got a blister
from new shoes and had to stop for a band-aid,  another
one took his child to her first day of school,  another 
missed the bus.......................
small interruptions...........but life saving interruptions!!
Makes me look at interruptions or lil annoyances
in a whole nother way!!!!  How bout you????
Sometimes now,   hubby and I will say, wonder what
the Lord might be sparing us from, with this interruption.


I am so enjoying that our mornings are starting to cool
 off ever so slowly,  but it is a start.........lol

Looking forward to finishing my Fall decorating, not
 too much more to go,  but just haven't had time to
 work on it yet today,  but maybe once
I finish this post,  I will.................



So glad you stopped by,
always great to hear from you,


Enjoy your evening with your family,
friends, and/or furry buddies.............

Love,  Hugs,
and Fall decorating Blessings,
Nellie

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend!! I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating. How blessed you are to be so close to your adult children!! (Both physically and relationally, I'm talking.) Not all people have a decent relationship with their adult kids and their spouses, so it's such a wonderful blessing that you and Jim do.

    I am absolutely not ready for fall. I won't even decorate for it until the first part of November. You know, sort of like the ostrich with his head in the sand...if I ignore it, then it's really not happening. I can generally manage early fall, but by the end of October, it's cold and the trees are barren...and I hate both of those things. I far prefer a Forida fall!!

    Well, sweet friend, my love to you (Jim too).

    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to spend a few minutes hearing about your weekend, Nellie. Sounds comfortable and cozy with just enough "outings" to change the scenery a bit.

    Have a pleasant and profitable week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet post. I loved reading that about Publix and the shrimp. We don't have one here in NC but we do in Florida. Don loves shrimp but our place is so small it takes a long time for the odor to leave us...lol...Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nellie, it sounds you had a very restful weekend, I absolutely know about those small interruptions that have saved us from devastation.
    I am 95% finished with fall decorations and have been enjoying them, as well as the cool mornings and evenings, Fall is my favorite season.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those plates, that will be a pretty table! We had a good weekend too. We are getting ready for a garage sale(yuck). So, I cleaned out a couple of closets, getting rid of some things I don't wear anymore. We also watched quite a bit of the coverage of 9/11. I only wish the country would feel so united all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A dream of a weekend - relaxing! Hoping to have something of that this weekend as hubby and I are off to Lancaster to enjoy the lush Amish countryside! Maybe antiques, too - and perhaps a new something for a fall tablescape of my own!

    Joy!
    Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely lady.
    I love the plate sweet lady.. I hope you will have a pretty tablescape with them. I hope you have a great weeekend.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a real nice weekend. It is always good spending time with family and friends. My hubby and I still (after 43 years) love to go somewhere and spend the day shopping or sight seeing, then a dinner on the way home. It is like a date day! Have a great week. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun to read about how you are doing. Sounds like you had a good weekend. Yesterday was so pleasant I loved it. Nice breezes coming through all day. Then today it was warm again and I was exhausted at work. But so far it looks like it will gradually cool down this week.Looking forward to cooler more comfortable weather.

    ~Linnea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nellie, How are you? Hope you are doing well. I like your wallpaper; it reminds me of some we had in our previous home. Have a great week!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. My weekend went well too! I was busy with my studying for Wed. Morning's Ladies Bible class. Sunday, I did the sound system. I had it also for the Program Pastor Brad had at 4:30. He has great and wonderful visions for our church!

    I am so happy for DeeAnna and Jerry!

    Love to you all,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are inspiring me to get out the fall stuff. I think I will do it this weekend. Jim will be gone Friday afternoon and night and most of Saturday so a perfect time to do it. He is going up to the mountains to put our church Girls' Camp to bed for the winter with his friends. They will have a ball and get stuff done to serve others too. Win/win, a good deal all around.

    Thank you so much Nellie for your very sweet letter regarding Steve. You and Susie have been just so wonderful in your support. And Hazie is much much better!

    Love you all! Heading off to the library now. Take good care of each other! Bon

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree with the interruption part. I always say that. When I go around the wrong way on the road or get all the red lights, I always say we must be spared from something by the good Lord!
    I'm so excited to be coming to Florida! I hope you guys don't cool off too much!
    hugs,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our country drew a collective breath on Sunday as we grieved once more. So thankful for a God who carries us through every life circumstance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was crying by Sunday night watching all the coverage but I think it is important to remember how bad it really was. On to more happy things I can't wait to see your fall table. I need some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Scripture Sunday

  Have a Lovely Spring Day! Hugs, Nellie