Saturday, August 15, 2009

Have a tranquil and peaceful Sunday

(Compliments of Scott's Appalachian Trail adventure - Maine)
~
~
Happy Sunday Sweet Encouragers,
~
Hope you are having a lovely weekend so far,
and that Sunday will be even lovlier!
~
Thought I would share my life verse
with you today!!
~
~
It is Philippians 4:6 & 7
~
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your
requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends
all understanding, will guard your heart and minds in
Christ Jesus.
~
~
I began to learn the truth of that verse when Scott was
about 2 1/2 years old, and we having just moved here from south Florida,
left him with someone new, so we could go out to dinner together.
I had to quote it over and over again all night to keep from worrying,
and guess what?? It worked, but a little while later I would start
worrying again, and start quoting again, and it came and went
a few more times.
Eventually God's word won out!! As it always does!!
We must be persistent for sure.
~~~
You have to understand I come from a long line of worriers,
and I can worry with the best of them, but I learned along
the way that was not God's will for me or his best for me,
and the fact, He calls it sin really got my attention.

~
~
Oh, please don't hear me saying, I have it whipped,
cause I certainly don't but I catch myself a lot quicker
than I used to, and this verse is still working for me.
Just have to remember to use it.
~
~
As Mom's I think we will always have that temptation
to worry about our children no matter what age they
are, but I have come to the point that I am determined
not to lose my Joy worrying, usually about something
I can do nothing about anyway,
So how bout you, anything you are sick of worrying
about..........tell the Lord all about it, my friend,
He loves and care about you, and His ears are
inclined to His children, leave it in His hands,
asking for Him to guide and direct you as to
what you should do if anything, then trust
Him to do what only He can do!!
It is the pathway to peace of mind and heart!
~~
Have a Peaceful and Tranquil Day
Today and Everyday!!
~~~
Quoting God's word, "It's a good thing,"
as Martha Stewart would say!!
I say, it's a very good thing!!
~~~
So quote away, the Lord want Mind,
~
Blessings, Hugs, and Love,
Nellie

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Nellie! We must let our faith in the Lord replace the fear we are so prone to as humans. I love your scripture and believe it with all my heart. I just love Sundays when we can all go and learn more of the Savior's gospel. Through Him all things are possible. Have a wonderful day!

    Love, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! i need to remember this. this is definitely something i struggle with- certain things i worry about so much and there's no reason to or anything i can do to change anything! thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cutie,
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog...
    I just checked it.
    Actually, as we enjoyed our friend's 25th Wedding Anniversary party hosted by family,
    I was remembering our 25th and the VERY SWEET Gathering YOU hosted for us!
    Can you believe that was in 2003?
    Thank you for making the celebration possible,
    we really appreciated it!
    Love ya back ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear one, how you blessed me today. I love this verse, drenching me in His love, always.

    Keep writing, the world is reading.

    Blessings from Costa Rica,
    Sarah Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday March 28, 2024, and Easter Decorating for 2024

  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resu...