Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday - July 23, 2009

Hello Sweet Friends,
~~~
And Welcome to Thankful Thursday
~
Hope your day has been good,
mine has been so far, I have been
busy making cards all day. Plus we
had to take hubbies van to the shop
to get new brakes, so we were running
back and forth with that..............
~
but we did manage to get a "Chocolate Elvis"
Smoothie in, they come from Planet Smoothie
and if you have never had one, look up a
planet smoothie near you or ask your local
smoothie place to make you one or make your
own, we do it all the time. Have to admit
their's are better tho.
~~
The ingredients are:
1/2 banana or 1 whole one if you like
.
1 tbsp. of peanut butter
.
3-4 scoops frozen vanilla yogurt Or
cookies and cream yogurt
(If using vanilla add a tsp. of cocoa powder)
.
about 6 ice cubes
.
and then add milk (about 1/2-1 cup)
depends on the size of the container you are making it in.
~~~
Blend it well, and yum yum!!
~~~

Well, guess you can tell I am thankful for this special
smoothie, it is a nice treat for us, and it is pretty
heart healthy. One lady calls it a cup of Joy,
we concede!! ha
~~~
Well, I know yall know what I am thankful for
this week, but I have to say it anyway...........
~~~
We are happy and thankful that our Sylvester
Stallone and his sidekick Joey are home safe
and sound. This was his pic he took of himself
his first day on the trail, ready to conquer
the world, and he did conquer quite a pc.
of it, all of Maine and a lil bit of New Hampshire
about 300 miles on foot, sounds pretty good
to me!!
~~~
I am thankful for all the dear friends that we
have here and online that have faithfully prayed
for his safety and our nerves! ha
You were a blessing and we truly were not
worried 98% of the time, therefore, we
could actually enjoy it with him.
~~~
Also, I am thankful for our trip up to New
Hampshire and back, quick tho it was.
~~
Jimmy and I had talked about going to the
mountains early this year when we were
planning our vacation, before we knew Scott was
gonna hike the trail, but then decided on
the beach, but when Scotts first pics were
posted we were beginning to think we might
have made a mistake, but of course, we didn't
and we had a great time, as you know at the beach.
~~~
So we thought it pretty neat that the Lord
worked it out that we got to go see the mountains
this year as well, and that it was such an unexpected
adventure, cause at our age, we don't get many
of those type of adventures anymore........
and if we did we might not live to tell about it!! ha
and
I can take it off my bucket list now!!
(did you hear that Bonnie) ha!!
~~~
And as always I am totally grateful and awed
by God's beautiful land we call America.
~~
I know we have our problems but I am thankful
to be an American and I don't know anywhere
else I would rather live, and I thank the Lord
everyday for the priviledge of being an American,
because we are blessed people, and sometimes
we take it soooooooooo for granted.
Alright, Alright, I will step off my
soapbox for now!!
~~~
Also, I am thankful that I have a full tummy,
and can take a shower and sleep in a clean bed
every night with a roof over my head.
~~~
Do you ever wonder what it would be like
to sleep on a park bench or under a interstate
or even wonder where your next meal is
coming from, I do think about those types
of things, and it makes me abundantly
grateful to my Lord, for He is so good to me.
~~~
Well, have a downright good evening,
~
Thanks for dropping by
~
Blessings & Hugs,
Nellie
Thanks

1 comment:

  1. It is great to be thankful. I have always said you cannot be grateful and unhappy at the same time. I did see you mentioned your bucket list..great! Now add something new to take its place.

    Where is our Becky lately? I miss her!
    Glad you have your boy back! And Joey too!

    Have a good night!

    Love, Bon

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday March 28, 2024, and Easter Decorating for 2024

  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resu...