Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thankful Thursday




Good Afternoon Sweet friends,


Well, I am happy to say I am feeling like my ole self, and we also got the lawn
mowed, and we finished just in the nick of time before the thunderstorms rolled in.
The lawn looks great, so neat, trim, and green!!


I have been sewing this morning with one of the young gals that was here
for Memorial day. She is a sweetie and has a little 2 yr. - and she bought
some fabric that you can make a sundress out of for a child. It is smocked at
the top and has the straight dress part at the bottom, already hemmed, so all you have to
do is run a seam up the back and add straps. She made the straps out of ribbon.
We only put straps on one so far, so she can see how it fits her daughter.


Next week, we will finish and maybe do a few others.
Just in case you might be interested in doing this for your little one, she got the
fabric at good ole Walmart, better know as "Wallie World " to us, at least that's what we call it.

Well, on to thankful Thursday.......................


I am very grateful and Thankful for my sweet Hubby and Honey, Jim.
He is a wonderful man. Easy going, sweet, gentle, loving, happy, easy to please,
hardworking, faithful, honorable, sacrificial, my handiman, my computer man,

My Man!! He is the Best!!

Oh yea, and I forgot to say Brilliant.



He is all these things and more, and I love him too death,
He is the best thing that ever happened to me beside Jesus.
He and I will celebrate 39 years of wedded bliss in November,
course, it has not been all bliss, we have had our ups and downs
just like everyone else, but I would have to say the ups have been far more,
than the downs.



And here he is with my sweet daughter at her Graduation from
Radiology School in December 2008.


Hope you are feeling well and happy today.



Hope you are having more ups than downs,
If not, make sure you look up to the Father
and get your eyes fixed on Him.



Have a simply Wonderful day.



Blessings and Hugs,
Nellie




4 comments:

  1. cute photo of your two special people. i'm glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Love how you're honest with everyone about the ups and downs...they are there! Hope you enjoyed a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gal, Bet Jim will just BEAM if he reads this post!! What a wonderful example you two are of the covenant of marriage!!

    Love the pic of him and Deanna!!
    So glad that you are feeling better!!
    My day was marvelous!! How could it not be when it started with the beach??!!

    Have a nice evening!!

    Love ya,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture of your hubby and daughter! Our Walmart no longer has fabric. I did not know that until I went looking for some there recently.

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday March 28, 2024, and Easter Decorating for 2024

  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resu...